Wednesday 9 May 2012

Cardinal Napier And Our Bishops On Twitter



One of my favourite Bloggers, Fr. John Zuhlsdorf, recently posted a list of Cardinals who are on Twitter and ranked them in the order of which Cardinal has the most followers. I was very pleased to see a familiar name in position number ...

1. Gianfranco Ravasi: 18,224 followers
2. Odilo Scherer: 13,462 followers
3. Angelo Scola: 7,025 followers
4. Sean Patrick O’Malley: 3,672 followers
5. Timothy Dolan: 2,060 followers
6. Wilfrid Fox Napier: 1,202 followers

Yes, yes, I know it’s not a competition… but heck, I would still like to see our Cardinal featuring right up there; wouldn't you? Why don't we try and radically increase his number of followers on Twitter... just for fun, of course.

If you are on Twitter, please do follow Cardinal Napier, as well as all our other bishops in South Africa who have taken the time to reach out to us via social media platforms like Twitter. I have added a list below, in no particular order, of South African bishops whom I am aware of on Twitter. I have also added a direct link to each to make it easier for you to find them on Twitter and follow them.

Cardinal Wilfred Napier - @cardinalnapier
Bishop Edward Risi - @ egrkeimoes
Bishop Michael Wustenberg - @bpmichaelaliwal
Diocese of Aliwal - @AliwalDiocese
Diocese of Kokstad - @DioceseKokstad
Diocese of Witbank - @DioceseWitbank
Diocese of Eshowe - @DioceseOfEshowe
Diocese of Gaborone - @DioceseGaborone

If you are aware of any others who are also on Twitter and who are not in the above list, please add them in the comments below so that we can all follow them as well. You can follow me on Twitter as well - @marknelza - and my parish twitter account is - @MaterDolorosa

1 comment: