Susan Sarandon has shown her ignorance by referring to Pope Benedict XVI as the “Nazi one we have now.” She did this not once but twice during an interview with fellow actor and filmmaker Bob Balaban.
The Catholic League President, Bill Donahue, said this about the incident: “He [Pope Benedict XVI] deserted the Hitler Youth at the first moment. [Sarandon] doesn't know what she's talking about...To blame him for something that he was never responsible for; he was forced to join as every boy his age was. Unlike the others, he deserted.”
I hope that Catholics are going to rally around Pope Benedict XVI and demand that Sarandon apologises for these despicable comments.
Here are some more links to news reports on this despicable comment by Sarandan:
- Catholics, Jews condemn Sarandon's pope Nazi quip
- Susan Sarandon: The Pope Is a Nazi
- Susan Sarandon Blasted For Calling Pope A Nazi
- SUSAN SARANDON: Claims Pope Is a 'Nazi'
- Susan Sarandon: Pope Benedict a ‘Nazi’