Saturday 15 October 2011

Good Samaritan Steals Camera


Jeremy and Sally Weaving

This should give you a good chuckle. The Mail Online has a story about a couple that lost their bag at the airport. The bag contained their passports, some cash, drivers’ licence, and their digital camera.

When they realised that they had lost the bag they went back to the airport to try and locate the bag. Unfortunately, they could not find the missing bag. They therefore began the process of obtaining an emergency passport, because they were due to travel again within three days.

One can imagine how relieved they then were when the bag arrived at their home, sent by post, from the person who had apparently found the lost bag at the airport. Everything that had been in the bag was there, including the cash, passports, and drivers’ licence. But one item was missing. The camera. Instead of the camera, they found this note:

I tripped on your bag on the road, near the exit of the car park but there was no one to return it to.
I waited 15 minutes then took it home.
I am now returning the bag with the passports and your drivers licence, avoiding you a lot of paperwork and unnecessary expense, as I experienced last year in Spain when my handbag was snatched and my husband and I lost our documents, camera, mobile phone and other personal items with much inconvenience.
I am sure your gratitude will extend to let me keep the camera (I never did replace mine) as a reward.
You will find the memory card with this letter so you can still see your holiday snaps.
Hope you wont find my decision too harsh but often we have to pay for our mistakes (like paying for a fine for speeding) and look at the whole incident as a travel expense.
A good Samaritan... but not that good.[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment