Monday 10 September 2012

True Reverence For The Lord



The psalm from Matins for today left me with the urge to post it on my Blog, and why not?  So here it is:

Psalm 49(50): 17 - 23

R:        Our God comes openly, he keeps silence no longer.

But God says to the wicked:
  ‘But how can you recite my commandments
  and take my covenant on your lips,

you who despise my law
  and throw my words to the winds?

‘You who see a thief and go with him;
  who throw in your lot with adulterers,

who unbridle your mouth for evil
  and whose tongue is plotting crime,

‘you who sit and malign your brother
  and slander your own mother’s son.

You do this, and should I keep silence?
  Do you think that I am like you?

‘Mark this, you who never think of God,
  lest I seize you and you cannot escape;

a sacrifice of thanksgiving honours me
  and I will show God’s salvation to the upright.’

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
  as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
  world without end.  Amen.

R:        Our God comes openly, he keeps silence no longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment