Tuesday 6 August 2013

Giant Kingfisher Visits


Giant Kingfisher

Yesterday I again got to see the most amazing bird life right here in the confines of my own garden at home. I would never ever have expected to see this Giant Kingfisher. I spotted it while sitting in my bed, looking out into the garden in the afternoon. It was such an amazing bird - a female, I think, based on the colours.

Last week I was terribly excited when I saw a Pied Kingfisher, which was just as beautiful, but a smaller bird with black and white colours. I was very excited about seeing it because it was the first time I had ever seen one in the garden and I would never have expected to see it in a garden in suburbia.

Seeing this Giant Kingfisher, while sitting in bed, should also have really surprised me, but I am not surprised at all anymore. I am amazed at how blessed I am to see all this beauty without having to leave my home, or yesterday my bed. It is like they put on a show for me because they know that I am stuck at home almost all of the time and tethered to an oxygen machine 24/7.

I also got a visit from the Crested Barbets. They are here a lot.

Crested Barbet

No comments:

Post a Comment