Thursday 22 August 2013

Heading Home

View of the beach at San Lameer Country Estate

It's our last day on holiday at San Lameer Country Estate near Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa. We're heading back home tomorrow. Why does a week always go by so quickly when you're on holiday?

I had been really looking forward to seeing some great bird life. But there were sadly not as many birds as I had hoped. Nevertheless the holiday was fantastic.

I did get to see these birds, of which the Red Winged Starling, Brown Hooded Kingfisher and the Black-crowned Night-Heron were a first for me. There were three birds that I was unable to identify because I just didn't get a clear view.

Red Winged Starling

??

African Pied Wagtail

Brown Hooded Kingfisher

Black-Crowned Night-Heron

??

??

Egyptian Goose